Customer Issue: Mrs. Dawson wanted to be able to open and close her garage door as needed with her smartphone, and decided to upgrade to a new garage door opener.
Our Solution: Mrs. Dawson decided to go with a Chamberlain B970 model from the various options our team showed her due to it having the Wi-Fi capability she wanted, as well as the fact it could protect again forced openings to keep her home safe. We assembled the opener and installed it, along with the wall pad, before calibrating the remote controls.
Garage Door Troubleshooting
Customer Issue: The customer’s automatic overhead door refused to close, remaining completely open.
Our Solution: Our team checked the photosensors, and found that rather than misaligned or dirty one of the eyes was completely dead. Upon inspection, they found some extensive damage to the garage door sensors power cord that looked like rodent activity. They replaced the power cord, and advised Mr. Wright to do something about the pests.
Customer Issue: When a customer’s door refused to close, our team suspected a sensor issue was the cause.
Our Solution: Some testing along the door’s length found the sensors to be out of alignment. Our team unplugged the opener and locked the door open, and then removed and adjusted the sensors and tested them again. The problem was solved.
Customer Issue: Broken roller causing the garage door to shake.
Our Solution: Our check revealed the problem almost instantly. There was a broken roller and we installed a new one of the same size and type - steel stem and nylon wheel, in its place.
LiftMaster Opener Repair
Customer Issue: Failed chain drive garage door opener.
Our Solution: We examined closely the faulty LiftMaster 3245 chain drive opener and discovered a broken moving gear inside the motor unit. Our solution involved replacing the gear with a matching one and readjusting the settings for more effective operation.
Customer Issue: Broken torsion spring.
Our Solution: We removed the two pieces of the broken torsion spring from the shaft and installed a new one with enough force to match the weight of the steel garage door. The next steps involved winding and light lubrication for smooth performance. Our test confirmed the spring was working properly.